Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12, 365 day project




Today's image was taken during my Basic Lighting class at SAIT. I've been teaching this particular course for 9 years now and I never tire of it. The student's are always good and I get to work with a variety of subject's. This shot of Amber was one I like and so is today's entry for my 365 day project. I normally only shot a few images in the class (a couple at the begining and a few at the end if there is time) as I want the student's to have as much shooting time as I can give them. High key was tonight's theme and the above image was shot at 1/125 sec, f9.0 at 100 iso. The ratio between the main and the fill was 3:1 and the background lights were set two stops higher at 16 1/2.

This image of Cool was also shot tonight as he and his brother came with me. I can bring them on shooting nights as they can play on their computers or iPods and then will sit in as subjects if needed. In this set up Cool is close to the background and two lights into umbrellas creating a wall of light at f5.0 across the entire area. Shot at 1/125 sec at 100 iso. Both images with the Canon 40D and the 24 - 70 f2.8 lens.



No comments:

Post a Comment