Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17, 365 Day Project.


As I was getting ready to do my daily walk on the treadmill today I noticed the late afternoon sun coming through the basement window and light the leaves of the ivy plant that my wife has downstairs. So to the office I dashed and grabbed the trusty Canon 40D and started shooting. I loved the backlight and the way the leaves were illuminated. I choose the top image as today's selection as I also like the patterns of the shadows that were being cast by other leaves.

Technical data: Canon 40D, 24-70 f2.8 lens @ f5.6 at 70 mm and manual focus as the scene through the window gave the auto a bit of trouble. I loved the shallow depth of field here. Shutter speed of 1/200 sec at 100ISO.

On a side note I received a call from the Camera Store and my 7D is back from Canon after some warranty repair. Only took 2 weeks. I’m very happy with the turnaround time.






No comments:

Post a Comment