Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32, 365 Day Project.


Start of a new month and today is the day I take my mulligan. It's been a long busy day and the creative juices just aren't flowing. So the image of the day is a quick shot of some of my old equipment that I have used throughout the years and now sit as display items along with other photographic knick knacks. All of this equipment still works and I could easily pull it off the shelf and use it, but digital is just so much more convenient.

Just so you know what you’re looking at here. The old twin-lens AnscoFlex II is the first camera I ever used some 40 years ago. I purchased the Canon F1 back in 1980 (the very first one sold in Canada). I added the CrownGraphic to the collection and was using it about 25 years ago. The Hasselblad came along in 1990. Not shown here but part of the collection and added in about 1993 are an Empire State 8 x 10 field camera and a Zone VI 4 x 5 field camera. All of these cameras were lovingly used and it is a shame that it sits gathering dust. I actually hope to pull some of it out of its retirement this spring and along with the darkroom revisit some of the old ways. I have a few personal projects rolling around in my head so watch for them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment