Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 34, 365 Day Project.


Today was a bit of a challenge as I am operating on 4 hours sleep. I almost took the easy way out and post a quick snap shot of Lysa and Luke. However I thought to myself that I took on this project to challenge my creativity and to make me shoot regularly and in different and interesting ways. So I took some of the frescoed elephants we got on our trip to India a few years back and took them down stairs to figure out how I wanted to shoot them.
I took my blue backdrop and a piece of mirror and arranged the elephants in an interesting pattern. I then put my Canon 7D on a tripod with cable release set the shutter to "Bulb", ISO @ 400 and f-stop at f16. Zooming in with the Canon 24-70 f2.8 to fill the frame I set the white balance to tungsten then shut of the lights and used a flash light with a snoot to make a 36 second time exposure. I liked the slight warmth and the blue/black reflection as well as the shadow on the background that seemed to add to the depth of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment