Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 78, 365 Day Project


I received this little Canon flashlight from their booth at WPPI last month. I decided to make it the subject for today's image and do a little experimenting as well. Placing the flashlight on a black muslin I framed it up how I wanted with my Canon 7D on a tripod. I set the camera to bulb and shut of the lights in the studio. Total time that the shutter was open is 46 seconds but two exposures were made in this time. The first was with another small flashlight to shine on the Canon one. I then covered the lens and carefully turned on the Canon flashlight so not to move it and then removed the lens cap and shut the shutter in one motion to have the front lit up. It took two tries as I learned from the first one how quick I had to do the second exposure, but nailed it the second try. Lens was 24-70 f2.8 at f22, ISO 400 and focal length of 70mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment