Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 125, 365 Day Project.



The last couple of mornings as I walked Cool to school I noticed that some ducks have taken up residence in the melting water of the outdoor ice rink behind the Dalhousie Community centre. I decided to go back after dropping Cool off and took my Canon 7D with the 24-70 f2.8 and the Canon extender EF 2X II. Shooting at 400 ISO at 1/400 sec @ f10 and 400mm focal length I waited for the ducks to move.


Being protected by the fence of the rink these two seemed to have had a sense of safety as they nestled their beaks under their wings completely ignoring me as I moved closer. I tossed a few stones into the water and that did not phase them. It wasn't until I jingled my car keys that they stirred. I got a number of shots, but this one I found to be the most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment