Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 322, 365 Day Project

I downloaded a new app to try and see how I like it. PhotoForge2 is also an app to post process images and this was my first time to test it. I had taken an image of my belt hanging on a hook and liked the composition and thought it might make a good one to work with. I cropped the image and then used the textures function to add just a touch of texture. In the frames option I opted for a black ragged edge.

I like the possibilities with PhotoForge2 but will it replace Snapseed as my go to app? I don't think so, but I can see it working well in conjunction with it. Both have their strengths and I have been observing the work of photographers such as Dewitt, Jones, Jonathan Marks and John Paul Caponigro and how they mix apps and processes to achieve their wonderful results. The digital age and all the new ways of working with the shots we take really expands our vision and our art.

No comments:

Post a Comment