Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fun with my SAIT Students

I always have a fun time when we do the location shooting class on the SAIT campus as it actually allows me a chance to shoot as well. We had two wonderful future brides today, Shantel and Laurel who did a fabulous job. It was a windy, cold day outside so we worked at two of my favorite locations on campus, the entrance to the parkade and Heritage Hall, that are indoors. The parkade was a little chilly even though it is sheltered and semi-heated. Still the girls did marvelous and the students were able to get some great shots as well as experiment with different ISO settings on their cameras.


Here are a couple of images showing my students photographing the brides in the parkade.



When we moved over to Heritage Hall I shot two images with the iPhone that I considered for toady's Instagram 366 photo. The one that leads this post is of Shantel and is the one I choose. The one below is of Laurel and was in strong consideration as well.

The following images were shot with the Canon 7D and 24-70 f2.8 lens in the parkade. Although I do like shooting with the iPhone and some of the features it has, I do prefer to work with the DSLR for shooting these type of images.





However here is one with the iPhone (above) and then with the 7D (below).

Now back to catching up some Instagram 366 Images.

March 2, 2012 One of my students had given me a box of Bernard Callebaut chocolates as a thank you and I made it the subject for the day.

March 3, 2012 Walking through Kensington on 10th street in Calgary and discovered a new candy store. Was nice to see vats of saltwater taffy.

March 4, 2012 Back to exploring shadows using kitchenware, in this case a cheese grater.

March 5, 2012 Winter returned with some heavy, wet snow. Loved the look with the leaves and berries.

March 6, 2012 Woke up this morning to find that winter had decided to give us one last blizzard. I thought the blowing snow created an interesting pattern in front of our flower barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment