Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Catching up after a busy week.

The past week has been a busy one and I did not have as much time to blog as I would like.  The following are some of the images created during this time and brings me back to date.

Friday, June 22.  We had more rain and I headed into the front year to capture this photo of a Honeysuckle flower with rain drops on it.  Shot with the iPhone I cropped in using Snapseed and posted it as my Instagram 366 photo of the day.
We also had a couple of celebrations for Luke who turned 6 on the 21st.  First they had a celebration for kindergarten graduation and I shot this photo with the hat they had made in class.
Later that day we had some of his classmates over to celebrate his birthday.  It was a new experience for him and he had a good time.  I shot this photo with my Canon 7D and then downloaded it to my iPhone where I cropped it with Snapseed and added the frame.
Saturday, June 23. A long day with teaching and other activities and at the end of the day I was looking for something to shoot for the photo of the day.  The boy's had received these lego type toy Mario car series as they both enjoy playing the Super Mario games on the wii and the DS.  I propped the car up to give it the illusion of taking off and then used the iPhone to make the capture.  Some tilt and shift focus adjustment and a bit of vignetting added with Snapseed to give it the final look.
Sunday, June 24. The weather turned nicer and all the rain has been great for the flowers growing in our yard.  So I headed out once again to see what I could find.  I used Snapseed to convert the colour image of this close up of a flower to B&W.  I loved the shadow that was cast on the leaves and chose this one as my Instagram 366 photo for the day.
I then like the way these three Pansies looked together.  I took a black piece of foam core to place behind them to eliminate a busy background and shot them with the iPhone.  Cropped and framed in Snapseed.
Monday June 25.  A visit to the Calgary Zoo with the boy's school afforded me a chance to take a few images. I had hoped to shoot more photo's but when you are supervising four kindergarten boys it makes it a little difficult.  The following though are  photo's shot both with the iPhone and the Canon 7D.  The first three are iPhone captures with post processing done in Snapseed.  The first of the penguins was my Instagram 366 photo for the day.


The following photo's were captured using the 7D and the 70-200mm f2.8 lens.  Afterwords I downloaded them to my computer and then uploaded them to my iPhone where I did the cropping and framing with Snapseed.  There was no additional post processing done on these photo's.



Tuesday, June 26.  Luke was looking so cute in the bath tub and had laid down in the bubbles and looked up with such a sweet look I had to take a quick photo.  This is one of the advantages of the iPhone as it is always close by and you can get these moments.  Post processed using Snapseed.
Wednesday, June 27.  Walking home from school we came across this car loaded with cameras as it was cruising our neighbourhood for TomTom.  Again I only had a fraction of a second to grab a shot with the iPhone before it drove away from the red light.  Not sure what state the licence plate is from, but what a job, driving around North America taking millions of photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment