Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A night at the library.

Last spring I was approached by the Calgary Public Library to give some lectures about photography.  SO I developed two sessions for them. "Phone Camera Artistry" and "Black and White Photography - from Traditional to Digital".  Tonight I gave the last lecture on B and W photography to a nice sized group at the Alexander Calhoun Library.  It was a lot of fun and I hope they will ask me to offer the presentation again in the new year.

On my way out of the library as I loaded up my equipment I took notice of a variety of lighting around the facility. Now I have not attempted to many night shots with the iPhone but I saw a variety of possibilities around me.  I shot the following series of the lights along the stairwell (today's Instagram 366 photo) as well as the lights along the pathway.
Below is a photo of the room after I set up for my lecture and before anyone arrived. I brought a selection of my B and W photographs I have taken over the years, my 8x10 camera and my sunlight machine so I could demonstrate how a palladium print is done. I thank the Calgary Public Library for giving me this opportunity to speak about one of my passions. I also look forward to my final two lectures on Camera Phone Artistry, the first this Saturday October 20 at the Memorial Park Library at 2:00 pm and the second on November 29 at the Thorn-hill Library at 7:00 pm.
I wrap up today's blog with a photo of Luke and his Rainbow Afro circus wig.  He has always said he wanted curly hair like his brothers, today he got it.  Photo post processed with Snapseed, Smoosh and RealCamera+.


No comments:

Post a Comment