Saturday, October 27, 2012

Braving the cold.

One of the banes of photographers is how cameras and batteries brave the cold. With wind chills of -14 Celsius today I ventured out into our front yard to photograph the frost on the leaves.  I wanted to see how the iPhone would stand up in cold conditions so I stayed out side for 20 minutes or so with the camera exposed to the elements.  All in all it handled the temperature fairly well, but I did notice the lag between pressing the shutter and when the image was taken.  Another difficulty was the wind which was keeping the branches in motion making the focus a little more problematic.  Still I managed to get four decent images that I processed in Snapseed.  The top was my favorite and is my Instagram 366 photo for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment