Thursday, November 8, 2012

A walk in the park.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the snow started and continued through the night.  When I woke up we had the type of snow one likes to see, big, fluffy flakes and the temperature was just below freezing with no wind.  I had to go out and run some errands and afterward made a stop in Edworthy Park to go for a stroll.  It was so peaceful and there were a variety of opportunities for good photo's.

Working with the iPhone on a snowy day where it is pretty monochromatic to start with I like to think in Black & White. The first two photo's were taken using the Wood Camera app as I like the old fashion feel it gives to the photo's.  I have learned a little bit more about this app since I last wrote about it.  Once I figured out how to have it save images to the camera roll I discovered it saves the original image, not the one using the filter you chose when you shoot.  This stays in the app and you have to save the filtered file separately. Once I did this I was then able to use Snapseed to crop and frame the first two photo's the way I wanted.

Now I had four photo's that I liked so I was not sure which to choose for my Instagram 366 photo of the day.  After posting all four of the photo's to Instagram, Tadaa and Streamzoo the first one of the bench was the one that received the most likes.  The count was close however but it had slightly more then any of ther others on all three sites.

This image of a row of trees I felt worked better in straight Black & White so I did the conversion in Snapseed using the green filter in the Black & White tile.
This final image I kept in colour as I liked the fact the toy horse stood out against the otherwise white scene. I used the Drama 1 filter to punch it up a bit in Snapseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment