Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Movember challenge.

At the beginning of the month I decided to take up the Movember challenge to raise money for men's issues. I have never really tried to grow any serious facial hair and in the past when I had gone with out shaving for enough days to get some growth I always found it to be irritating. So now as we hit day 27 I have probably the best mustache and beard I have ever grown and the itch has been tolerable.

When I started out I did not know how I would feel and if I'll keep it past the end of the month.  For a while I thought I might keep it at least until I get to India at the start of January.  My wife and oldest son like the way I look with it but Luke does not like when I give him a hug.  However over the last few days both Lysa and I have started to reconsider if I should keep it after December 1st.  The biggest thought is that it really shows a lot of grey and thus makes me look much older, not that this is a bad thing.  At the time of this writing I have not decided and most likely will make that decision on Saturday morning.  I will let you know my decision then.

Until then I wanted to share this self-portrait as my Instagram 366 Photo of the Day.  With only a few days left I have had one donation of $20 and would like to just request that if you are so inclined to please help me with this total.  You can do so by going to my Movember page at http://mobro.co/patricksk  I thank you for your consideration.


No comments:

Post a Comment