Friday, April 12, 2013

A few thoughts.

Over the last month or so I have been busy with my teaching and family duties.  I still managed to do my photo of the day (today is 824 consecutive days) and I managed to look at a lot of photographs on a variety of photo sharing sites.  What this has done may have had an effect that I had not fully anticipated.

Now while there are lots of average photographs out there, I have seen a great amount of creative and beautiful images.  This has been a humbling thing.  I have always felt that I am a decent photographer yet when I see the great work being done by others, I sometimes question what it mine is worth.  Digital has opened the flood gates and thus the creativity has also grown substantially. Now I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.  What I have discovered is that it takes more then passion to be successful in photography.

For the last few years I have been trying to find my place/role in the industry.  I am a good teacher and enjoy my classes at SAIT.  I love to talk photography and share ideas. As I move forward these next few months I am optimistic that I will find something that will help me establish where I want to go in the industry.  I will share these here as well as in my Calgary Institute for Photography blog as I try to re-establish that group.   I hope you will follow and support me if you can.

Here are some of my photo's from today.  I spent a few hours downtown talking to a few individuals whom I respect and hope will be involved in some future projects.  I walked along the Stephen Avenue mall and in the Devonian Gardens where the first two photo's were taken.  The last was taken at the Bow Building of the giant head that sits in front of the property.




No comments:

Post a Comment