Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Caught up to the end of July.

 This will catch me up till the end of July.  As you may have noticed it had been a full month spending time with the family.  Summer is great for that with the boy's being out of school.  Now on to the show.

July 21  My Birthday.  Woke up to find myself surrounded by 50 balloons each with a different thing my boy's love about me written on them to celebrate half a century.
After breakfast in bed we headed to Drumheller for some family time.  The first stop was the Royal Tyrrel Museum.  This first shot was done on the iPhone using 8 images and the 360 panorama app.
The family really enjoyed the dinosaur exhibits and I took a few photo's with the Canon 7D of them in front of different displays.

The next stop was out to the Canadian Badlands Passion Play.  We were not allowed to take photo's during the performance.  Intermission was OK though and I took this iPhone capture as some of the actors headed back stage to start the second half.  It was unique play especially in the large natural amphitheater.
July 22.  I knew keeping my old darkroom books would keep in handy as one of my photographer friends on Instagram was looking for some development times and I was able to able her out.
I took an iPhone image of some of the balloons from yesterday showing what the boys had written.  On one of the sites I share photo's on this one received over 6060 views and 36 likes.
July 23.  I had to make a quick trip to SAIT to meet the class that I would be teaching in August.  I took a couple of iPhone images outside one of the newer buildings on campus.

 July 24  My daily walk produced three photo's for the day.  The first two were macro shots

While this one was of one of the many neighbourhood rabbits
July 25  A dried up Hibiscus flower that I thought looked interesting.  Placed it on a mirror and shot it with the Canon 7D.
July 26  It was late in the evening and I still needed my photo of the day.  I took a lollipop that my boy's had and held it under the light in the shower.  I then used my iPhone to take its photo behind the shower door glass.  This is a straight shot with no post production.  It has been one of my most popular shots and on Mobli has received 9,998 views and 67 likes to date.
July 27  Did an abstract photo of this heart mobile that hangs in the boy's room.  Shot it with the iPhone against the window to give a silhouette and then processed it in Snapseed.
July 28  A new guitar for Cool and a new subject for my camera.
July 29  Some more macro shots with the Canon 7D and the extension tubes on the 24-70 f2.8 lens.

July 30  Out for another evening walk with the 7D, extension tubes and 24-70.  Finding all sorts of flowers to photograph.

July 31  Cool attended Apple Camp at the Apple Store in Market Mall.  It was on Making Movie Magic and taught them how to use Garage Band and iMovie.  Cool's video was one of the better ones and you can check it out at http://m.you tube.com/watch?v=26PyCtz84bE

No comments:

Post a Comment